Although I have several articles on the threats posed to industrial civilization by runaway global warming and ecological degradation on Sublime Oblivion (see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), I have yet to cover the Charybdis of resource depletion in as much detail (1, 2, 3, 4). As such, I have assembled many links to relevant articles on blogs such as the Oil Drum and Energy Watch Group to provide a foundation for the layman interested in exploring these very important concepts. With time I will write short descriptions next to some of the more important links summarizing what they are about.
EDIT Dec 2010: The Best of TheOilDrum.com 2005-2010 is ultra-recommended.
- The Coming Oil Crisis (Lionel Badal)
- Life after the Oil Crash (Matt Savinar)
- Hubbert’s Peak Mathematics (Luís de Sousa)
- Peak Oil Overview – June 2009, June 2008, June 2007 (Gail Tverberg)
- Oil Quiz – Test your Knowledge (Gail Tverberg)
- Mind-Sized Hubbert (Ugo Bardi)
- Is Peak Oil Real? A List of Countries Past Peak (Praveen Ghanta)
- Global oil & gas depletion: an overview (R. W. Bentley)
- The Dawn of Scarcity Industrialism (Michael Greer)
- Jay Hanson and Dieoff.org (Jay Hanson)
- Peak Oil Glossary (Peak Oil NYC)